15 May 2006

Spending a few weeks in Martins Ferry

I guess I should have updated this blog a long time ago. Here's some updates on what's going on.

First of all, since this is a blog largely for Chicago Summer Project purposes, I should say that raising support has been a real blessing so far. I have receieved over $1400 in support, so I am halfway there. I am always inspired by people's willingness to give to causes like this. I mean, it is certainly worthwhile, it furthers the kingdom of God, it is an experience that glorifies Jesus, equips students like me, and meets a serious need that exists for laborers on campuses in Chicago. On the other hand, most of the people sending me money will never see the fruits of their investment firsthand. I guess they just love and trust Jesus. :)

So I got home over a week ago, so I don't know why I have slacked off, not updating recently. A bunch of my friends and I went camping last weekend after graduation, and then a few of us saw each other again this weekend at my friend Beth's graduation party. Some of us are growing to be very, very close and miss each other already. This is such a cool experience for me, because I am usually not someone who "misses" others, especially when I know I'm going to see them again. But I do. I love these people. It's a good thing, too, because next semester we will all be spread out all over campus, and our strong bonds will keep ourselves and the ministry strong, wherever we are.

One thing that I am called to explore this summer on project is intamacy with the other six or so men on summer project with me. We often talk about wife-husband relationships as needing to "glorify God" and that marraige relationships should "glorify God more than the two people separately could." I agree with this, but why limit it to a marraige? Why not look at all relationships this way? Why shouldn't my guy friends be able to push me towards God in at least some ways that I imagine my future wife helping me press on towards the Creator? I can think of nothing more awesome than seeing someone come to Christ because of the way they saw me interact with my brothers in Christ. This what I think it means to witness with your life: really showing other people the love of Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home