16 June 2006

Campuses and a new job

Well! A lot has been happening here in Chicago. Here's a couple highlights:

On Wednesday we had a first campus outreach. We go to campuses to start spiritual conversations, find out the spiritual atmosphere of the campus, and look for contacts that would be interested in starting a movement. A few people came to Christ right before our eyes. It was amazing. We will be going to Kennedy King College and UIC for the rest of the summer. Neither of these places have a Crusade movement going at their school (yet).

The other main excitement is my job. I got let go from Shoreline; they didn't want to deal with my hours. This put me in a very bad mood. At the same time, I knew that God was in control, and that I needed to trust Him. So today was my second day of searching for jobs. I walked randomly into a Jimmy John's (sandwich place) and I got hired within 20 minutes! I start on Monday! I was amazed. Last year I applied at over 50 places before getting hired. This time around, God decided to provide right away.

Thanks for the prayers. :) They are working. Keep praying for the city, and for Kennedy King and UIC.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Good to hear. :)

Have a good weekend, Joe!

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home